The Chronicles of Nathan

Peace Corps adventures in Uganda, March 2006 - May 2008

Friday, September 07, 2007

Family visit

In recent general interest news, my mom, dad and sister came for a visit. You can see pictures on my flickr page.
It was very good to spend time with them. It had been about a year and a half since I had last seen them as I was boarding the plane on my journey here. It was also very good for them to be able to see my home here on the shore of Lake Albert, meet people that I work with and are friends with, and experience some of Uganda. I have shared with them a little of my life here, and thats important for both them and for me. It's more important to me that they understand a little more about the people, culture, issues, beauty, ugliness, and reality that is here. They saw a wee bit to help form those ideas. I know that they, nor I, will never see reality as it really is, but I think that the more we learn and see and experience, the closer we potentially get to understanding.


Take a minute from your busy day and read this good Washington Post article, Stop Trying to 'Save' Africa
Feel free to comment with your thoughts.

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2007 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

Good to hear from you.

We plan to visit a new volunteer in Belize when we go to Guatemala to build with Habitat.

When will you return to the USA?

God bless, Ted

 
At 9/12/2007 5:47 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Hey, my service is to end in May of '08. Not that far off, really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home