The Chronicles of Nathan

Peace Corps adventures in Uganda, March 2006 - May 2008

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

And We're Off

In about 20 minutes, my mom, dad, and I are heading out to KC. I'm in Independence, KS now, where I moved all my junk to and put in storage and in mom and dad's house. We are going back up to KC and will meet my sister there who is coming down from Iowa. We will have dinner, go to the Ash Wednesday service at my church in KC, then tomorrow morning it's off to the airport and a flight to Boston.

And I sold my truck today, so that's good that mom and dad won't have to mess with that.

Sunday I'll fly to Uganda with my training group via Washington DC, Brussels, and Nairobi Kenya. I very much appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers for me and my family.

This is going to be great! (I'm pretty sure)

I'm not sure when the next time that I will have a chance to update this thing will be, but I'll try to let you know what's happening when I get a chance.

Oh, and today is the anniversary of the Peace Corps.

See ya later, Peace.

2 Comments:

At 3/02/2006 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nathan!

It was great to see ya at Journey last week. I'm so excited for you. Have safe travels. You are in my prayers.

Amanda

 
At 3/03/2006 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nathan!
So, you're off on your adventure! I love the name of your blog! Very clever and creative. And I've really enjoyed reading what you've written so far. What a great thoughtful discussion of why you're joining the Peace Corps. Thanks for taking the time to put that into words. As we we sang the last song at the ASh Wednesday service, Bob and I both thought about you - because you are living that out. I don't remember the words exactly, but it spoke of wondering how we would have responded if we had been with Jesus during his last week and also challenging us to respond now - and that's what you're doing. Leaving what's known and comfortable for the unknown, unpredictable, probably uncomfortable - to make a difference in the world. And you will, I know.
You are now and will be in my prayers. Don't freak out!
And I will be praying for your mom and dad and sister, too.
Peace and joy to you,
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home